When decorating a guest bathroom, the most important thing you want to do is to make your guest feel welcome and accommodated. You want the guest bathroom to look nice but you don't want to make your company feel like they shouldn't touch anything. Some things that you could do to make your guest bathroom not only welcoming but also decorative are listed below.
- Provide a decorative night light so that your guests won't be stumbling around in the dark.
- Set out an air freshener, potpourri or even scented candles and a light for your guest. Many people enjoy having these items around and it makes things more personal.
- Make sure to have extra toilet paper in an obvious place like under the sink or in a decorative dispenser. Having a hair dryer and even a new unopened toothbrush and toothpaste also makes a great touch since these are items that are normally forgotten.
- Position a shelf in your guest bathroom for all the essentials such as mouth wash and disposable cups, shampoo and conditioner, body wash and bar soaps, disposable razors and shaving gel. If you don't have room in the bathroom for these items, then place them in a convenient location and inform your guest of where they are and that they are available for their use.
- It may also be a good idea to have slip resistant bath mats to make sure your guest won't slip in the tub. Make sure you have a decorative garbage can available and a matching toilet seat cover and rug is always a nice touch.
- Clean your guest bathroom in detail every time you have a guest to ensure it is up to standards. Make sure the mirrors are clear and the shower and toilets sanitized just like you would expect to see if you were visiting someone.
When decorating your guest bathroom just have fun with it while keeping the needs of your prospective guests in mind. You can follow a theme or use basic colors, as long you are creating a comfortable and relaxing environment.